In 1949, Jim and Geraldine Massey opened their ice cream stand in a converted gas station on West High Street in Carlisle, Pennsylvania. More than a half century later, the original neon signs continue to beckon crowds. Patrons wait in lines to be served cones, shakes, sundaes and slush drinks. The establishment has changed twice since its inception, but its name remains unchanged. Two original Electro Freezer machines continue to crank out rich frozen custard enticing visitors from near and far.